If you have concerns or questions about privacy and the use of any personal information you may have entered into our website, contact us at [email protected] and we will respond within 2 business days.
Collection of Information
Private Information we may have in our possession about you.
In order to provide the functionality to you which is the core purpose of you using this website, we may from time to time collect personal information about you.
This information could be:
Personal information that you specifically opt-in to enter, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number or other information provided about solar products or services or to request quotes from one or more solar companies, and our marketing partners;
If you choose to log in using a social media login account, such as your Facebook Login, we could be given access to details of that social media account;
In order to provide you targeted location services we may use your IP address or details of the device, operating system or mobile network you are using to browse our site;
Pixels are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage, or collect information for analytics. These cookies and tracking pixels may be disabled in your browser. For information on this search "disabling cookies" in your browser help menu.
How we use information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. Specifically, we may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages and to respond to any requests you may have;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by www.GreenSolarQuotes.com or solar companies or our marketing partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent information being entered in our site;
- Personalize services and information on pages of our website to suit your needs and location;
- Offer you solar products or services or quotes by phone, email, text messages, or pre-recorded messages on the phone number you provide.
- Carry-out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- We will share your information with multiple businesses who offer the product/service that you have inquired about.
- We will share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of the products and services you have requested. You understand and agree that when you submit an inquiry for these services, you explicitly authorize us to share your information with third parties so that they may contact you by email, SMS, telephone and/or direct mail.
- We share your personal information with third parties who will provide you with their opportunities, products or services. This includes your interests and preferences, so they may determine whether you might be interested in their products or services.
- We also share your personal information with companies and individuals we employ to perform web technology or mechanical functions on our behalf, such as third parties who host our website, verify submissions, analyze our data, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments, and provide customer service.
- We may share aggregated anonymous information about you, combined with other persons using our website with third parties, so that they can understand the diversity of visitors and their activity/use of our website.
- We will disclose your information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion, pursuant to a request from a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to stay legally compliant or prevent a crime; and we will share your information if we sell our company or merge with another company.
- We will share your information in order to process Opt-Out requests with affiliated partners and/or third parties in order to process and monitor these requests.
How we share information
We may share or disclose the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Affiliate Companies or Subsidiaries: We may share your information with any parent company or any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or are under common control with us.
- Selling Personal Information: We are a lead generation company and are in the business of selling personal information about our users and visitors to third parties, such as, without limitation, solar energy providers and energy efficiency consultants/auditors. When you request a solar consultation or quote, or otherwise request that clean energy service providers contact you, we may sell, disclose, or otherwise share your information to solar energy providers, clean energy service providers or other third party service providers not affiliated with us. The third parties that purchase or receive your information from us may then (i) use your personal information for their own purposes (including for commercial purposes), (ii) contact you regarding their products and services, and/or (iii) further disclose your personal information to other third parties for their own commercial purposes.
- Marketing Partners and Other Third Parties: We may share your information with our marketing partners or other third parties to bring selected retail opportunities, offers, contests, programs, events or news to you via direct mail, email and/or telemarketing. You may have no relationship with these other companies. We are not responsible for the content of any third party communications sent to you and you will need to opt out of those communications separately, if desired.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, including to the extent necessary or desirable to help run promotions, fulfill orders, complete your transaction, or provide customer service. These service providers may have access to personal information about our site visitors if it is needed to perform their functions for us, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets: Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and/or sold as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction by us, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred and/or sold to third parties as one of our business assets.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, or during related negotiations, we may share user information.
- We may share information with our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control or ownership.
- We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you may opt-out from having your information shared with or sold to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt-out, please contact us at [email protected] You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Non-affiliated third parties are independent from us and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
Personally Identifiable Consumer Information - Opting-Out
You may choose whether or not to provide personally identifiable information to GreenSolarQuotes.com. If you choose to provide such information to GreenSolarQuotes.com, you have the right to tell us not to make some of the uses of such information described herein or may have such information deleted in its entirety. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, surveys or promotional communications via email, you may opt-out without charge by sending mail to us at [email protected] to unsubscribe. To have your personal information completely removed from our databases without charge, simply contact us at [email protected] and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. Once we receive your instruction, we will promptly take corrective action.
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), GreenSolarQuotes.com is not structured to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect personally identifiable information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to the Site, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
We use reasonable security measures that are designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please note, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information or other information. You transmit personal information to us at your own risk.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY